over 2 years ago
We are looking for an engineer or scientist who enjoys people interactions whether that is with customers or managing internal project teams, and who has a strong technical background, but is looking for a new role that will bring them into contact with senior engineering or technical staff within the UK’s premier technology companies. This person must have a proven track record of problem solving and show a flexibility to think about technical issues across a range of technical or scientific disciplines.
In particular, we would require an individual who has experience in working in an engineering design or development environment, possibly with technical project management experience, and who would like to use and apply these skills in an alternative career avenue.
Your role will be to work with the UK’s most successful companies to use your experience & knowledge to help these companies assess their technical activities and obtain generous UK tax incentives.
The UK government provides tax incentives to businesses performing R&D; Deloitte’s R&D tax services group is the acknowledged market leader in helping clients secure these incentives and is the largest in the UK. Continued market success has created new opportunities and we are seeking an additional scientist or engineer to join our team.
As a Consultant within our team you will be in a client-facing role, conducting technical interviews and preparing documentation to support R&D tax claims. You will work with a wide range of companies, helping their lead technical staff to identify activities that are eligible for the R&D relief. The team covers the full range of industries in the UK, so as you gain experience you will increasingly be required to work in areas outside your existing areas of expertise. You will also have to manage a number of competing demands on your time and regularly consult with a number of senior technical contacts.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
* Be trained to degree level. A post-graduate degree would be a significant plus. We are particularly interested in candidates with a background in consulting engineering with a degree in geoscience physics mechanical or chemical engineering or, but would consider candidates from other backgrounds who fulfil the requirements.
* Be a science and technology enthusiast, able to apply their existing experience to understand a wide range of industry sectors, and clearly identify the nature of technical or scientific challenges within these industries.
* Have an understanding or experience of the uses of computer simulation and modelling applications as part of a development project.
* Be a strong communicator, with good interpersonal awareness skills. The role relies on your ability to deal with senior technical staff from high profile companies on a one to one basis, guiding them through the claim process and conducting structured interviews. The applicant must have the communication skills to challenge and question senior staff whilst maintaining the engagement and cooperation of the client team.
* Be able to work within multi-disciplinary teams, taking responsibility for the delivery of R&D claims on the behalf of major technology/engineering companies, as well as generating high quality technical reports that will be reviewed by senior technical personnel at the client site.
* Be well-organised, and having the capability to manage their own input into multiple simultaneous projects and handling conflicting demands in a timely manner.
* Be a self-starter who is comfortable engaging with clients and proactively completing projects within tight deadlines.
Your service line
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
* We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
* We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
* We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
* We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
* We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
SLTAXC BABUTX WPFULL LOCABE
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see -****** to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166012