3 months ago
Consultancy Services Senior Engineer
* Enfield, United Kingdom
* Job Description
ConsultancyServices Senior Engineer
Does working for an award-winningcompany that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology, a company thatvalues diversity, embraces flexibility, puts safety in the heart of all we dointerest you. Then come and join us at Siemens Mobility Intelligent trafficsystems (ITS) we offer all of this, and we are ranked by Glassdoor as one ofthe top 30 places to work in the UK!
We are looking for a Seniorengineer to join our Consultancy Services (CS) team. Consultancy services arean engineering team delivering traffic engineering projects across the UK andinternationally with teams based in Belfast, Glasgow, Ashby, Poole and London.We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transportengineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality andreliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
This role will require you todeliver of a range of traffic engineering projects including - trafficmodelling, traffic signal design, MOVA validation and UTC configuration. Thisis a technical role but also requires liaison one to one with our customer basedaily.
Areas ofresponsibility / tasks
* Deliver a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK in accordance with current national/local standards, guidance and best practice
* Deliver traffic engineering projects in accordance with ergonomic, economic and sustainable principles
* Assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects
* Travel to site visits and customer meetings with overnight stays where appropriate
* Preparation of technical reports and specifications
* Preparation of consultancy/design quotations
* HNC/HND/Degree level in engineering or a related subject is preferred or have relevant experience
* Experience of AutoCAD and KeySignals is desirable for this role
* Knowledge of MOVA and/or SCOOT UTC is preferable
* Experience and knowledge of UTMC would be advantageous
* High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers
* Ability to solve complex problems
* Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and run your own workload
To have experience in some of thefollowing areas
* Traffic signal design fundamentals and UK standards/specifications
* Traffic engineering software including Linsig, Transyt and AutoCAD with KeySignals
* Knowledge of traffic signal products from across the industry
* UTC systems & SCOOT
* MOVA design & validation
* Microsimulation software including VISSIM and Paramics
* Other traffic systems including UTMC Common Databases and Remote Monitoring
We’reSiemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making thefuture and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK,full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towardsa brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a FutureMaker?
We’reexcited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Ourpeople love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, whatmatters.
Weare looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensureyou complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability tohelp us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact assoon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Ourcompensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pensionand overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and havedifferent wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefitsscheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If weall thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why werecruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building adiverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore weencourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announcethat we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK'slargest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacanciesare in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibilityrequirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time