10 months ago
The Project Manager manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome and administers both the owner and subcontractor relationships for assigned projects. The Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You'll Do:
• Manage and/or coordinate Company personnel and resources for the project (s);
• Assist with preconstruction efforts;
Perform constructability reviews;
• Manage all aspects of project from inception;
• Prepare and execute Project Executive Plan;
• Prepare trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process;
• Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems;
• Maintain relationships with clients, designers and consultants;
• Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award;
• Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications;
• Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Superintendent;
• Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections;
Oversee project close-out;
Owner contract for post-construction, including warranty period
• Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and; mentoring others and enforce IFE program on projects.
We're Looking For:
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
• Knowledge of Prolog;
• Thorough understanding of industry;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Good math/accounting skills;
• Strong management skills;
• Functions effectively as part of a team;
• Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients;
• Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Strong decision making/problem solving skills;
* Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent;
* 7 to 15 years of industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
* Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
* Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
* Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.