23 days ago
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to the Survey PM, the Survey Construction Manager will be responsible for the safe and compliant delivery of all Survey activities for their allocated project.
The Survey Construction Manager will support the Survey PM and Project teams in the Strategic Resourcing, Promoting of Collaborative behaviours, planning and assisting in the delivery of Technical and Engineering excellence; Provide Commercial and Procurement support and provide key Safety Input into the Alliance.
What will this role involve?
· To promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety responsibility statement below.
· To deliver the Amey Essentials.
· To engage and lead with constructability reviews.
· To attend IDC’s where applicable.
· To attend Project construction, planning and access meetings.
· To coordinate the implementation of site construction activities with the Track installation team(s).
· Responsible for the submission of accurate site records to enable effective monitoring of programme, cost plans and change as requested to agreed format as applicable.
· Ensure that tool box talks, task briefs and COSS briefs are carried out for all work tasks prior to commencement of work for allocated contracts.
· To produce construction Work Package Plans
· To produce and coordinate weekly Task Briefs
· Ensure that all allocated tasks are undertaken in accordance with the planned safe method of working.
· Responsible for ordering and receipt of site deliverables, timely returns of goods receipts notices.
· Responsible for ordering and receipt of site plant, including security and timely off–hire.
· Supervise sub-contractors, contract staff and direct labour for allocated site activities.
· Overseeing quality control throughout the project cycle.
· Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing mitigations to them, and responding to other issues that affect the project.
· Carry out performance reviews for direct reports, administering poor performance, attendance management and disciplinary procedures as applicable
· Undertake PDRs and staff development of direct reports where applicable
· The role is one of site supervision and based generally in a site environment. It is a requirement of the role to attend site on a regular basis (including night time).
What are we looking for?
* Relevant experience in the successful management of major projects of work in the construction and/or rail industries.
* Multi-discipline experience within rail industry.
* Strong commercial focus.
* Knowledge of the principles of Health & Safety, quality and environment legislation, best practice and 019 standard
* Emergency First Aid at work, IOSHH Managing Safely, COSHH
* Excellent communication with ability to supervise and lead the site team in the successful delivery of the allocated contracts for specific discipline
* Working towards or be a Chartered Member of the CMI or APM and/or educated to degree level.
* Knowledge of/experience in Alliancing
* CMI - Academically or Professionally Qualified Person/Manager
* Minimum 10 years of experience in the construction industry.
* SMSTS/IOSH Managing Safely
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the submission of accurate site records to enable effective monitoring of programme and cost plans as requested to agreed format as applicable.