6 months ago
Main purpose of role:
To support the project manager in the efficient and effective delivery of individual work packages; from launch through to on site delivery. To liaise closely with key functions including HS&W, procurement, commercial and engineering to enable delivery in line with LM requirements and HS2 KPIs.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Responsibility for successful delivery of the work package from launch through to delivery
* Deliver package works in compliance with client expectations, LM objectives and KPI systems
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
* Co-ordination of construction staff on work packages
* Close liaison with Senior Project Manager with regards to work package progress and any potential obstacles
* Responsibility for work package construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
* Overall performance management of subcontractors.
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
* Fully manage design completion and monitor design change
* Contribute to coordinated construction planning, programming and sequencing
* Uphold and act in accordance with LM values and principles
* Participate in and positively promote the LM ‘Making the Right Choice’ programme
* Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
* Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
* Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals
Key employee values and principles:
Showing energy, taking pride in role, being sensitive to impact, demonstrating drive, being committed, respecting confidentiality, doing the right thing, being accountable
Valuing and empowering others, making a contribution, considering others’ needs and approaches, asking for help, recognising achievements, seeking to listen and understand, explaining decisions, acknowledging environmental impact
Creating a stimulating environment, being open and honest, demonstrating enthusiasm, seeking innovation, being flexible, being curious, providing clear direction, setting new standards, maximising unique opportunity
4. Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Making safety our first consideration, acting fast to mitigate risks, making proactive interventions, taking responsibility for our own and others’ health, safety and wellbeing
1. Best for project: Am I making best for project decisions? Am I taking best for project actions? Am I putting the project goals above my own company goals? Do I recognise LM success/failure is HS2 success/failure?
2. Inclusivity: Have I involved everyone who could add value? Am I utilising the combined strengths of the team? Am I encouraging others’ ideas? Am I considering others’ perspectives / standing in others’ shoes? Are we collaboratively setting milestones?
3. People first: Am I looking after my and others’ wellbeing? Am I thanking people for their contribution? Am I respecting peoples’ personal lives? Am I using technology where possible to aid work life balance? Am I working in a ‘safe and well’ way? Am I talking first emailing second?
4. Jointly seeking solutions: Am I asking for help where I need it? Am I helping others where I can? Am I making others feel comfortable ‘not knowing’? Am I avoiding silo working?