12 months ago
Two of Europe’s most prominent and innovative engineering and construction companies – Laing O’Rourke and Murphy – have come together to form LM, a powerful joint venture, supporting the growing number of major transport infrastructure projects across the UK.
Both organisations are market leaders in high-speed rail delivery, tunnelling, bridge construction, civil engineering, offsite manufacturing and digital engineering.
LM, along with Fusion JV and CS JV, have been awarded the enabling works for High Speed Two. Delivering the essential early works will include archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds – ahead of the start of the main civil engineering work.
The £900 million enabling works contracts cover the whole of Phase One, from London to Birmingham, West Midlands (County) and the connection to the West Coast Main line at Handsacre in Staffordshire.
The Laing O'Rourke / Murphy joint venture team are working together to provide a professional and dynamic service. With a wealth of experience in planning, design and community engagement, we are utilising the latest construction methodology to deliver works, efficiently and safely.
Main purpose of role:
To support the project manager in the efficient and effective delivery of individual work packages; from launch through to on site delivery. To liaise closely with key functions including HS&W, procurement, commercial and engineering to enable delivery in line with LM requirements and HS2 KPIs.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Responsibility for successful delivery of the work package from launch through to delivery
* Deliver package works in compliance with client expectations, LM objectives and KPI systems
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
* Co-ordination of construction staff on work packages
* Close liaison with Senior Project Manager with regards to work package progress and any potential obstacles
* Responsibility for work package construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
* Overall performance management of subcontractors.
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
* Fully manage design completion and monitor design change
* Contribute to coordinated construction planning, programming and sequencing
* Uphold and act in accordance with LM values and principles
* Participate in and positively promote the LM ‘Making the Right Choice’ programme
* Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
* Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
* Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals