6 months ago
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Construction Manager will be responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers' objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control. They will deliver projects to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The post-holder will work closely with the commercial department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised
Assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects
Deliver the work safely and without environmental incidents
Deliver the work to the specified quality without defects
Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITP's and waste management plans, in line with MMA and Company procedures
Produce and manage the project programme
Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks
Undertake an ambassadorial role representing the business to customers, public and official bodies
Deliver end product to customer satisfaction
Assist in providing information for the cost plan for the project
Maximise project value
Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed
Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo
Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities
Produce good quality, accurate reports for the Delivery Manager
Chair weekly site meetings in line with MMA procedures
Key measures & targets:
Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are met
Provide information to ensure KRA's and KPI are achieved.
Customers and stakeholders
Subcontractors and suppliers
Site teams and support departments
MMA VALUES AND CULTURE
* Respect - The ability to respond politely and positively to a variety of situations and people in order to meet changing priorities in the role. Arrive at meetings to start at the start time and provide meeting agendas and adhere to agenda timings, wherever possible speak to colleagues face to face.
* Safe & Sustainable - The underlying drive to ensure that we all support our Safety and Sustainability policies within the working environment, this includes contributing to the Alliance objectives for a safe and sustainable metro providing a lasting positive impact on the environment and communities.
* Openness - The willingness and ability to work co-operatively and supportively with colleagues, developing positive, open working relationships in order to solve problems and to help achieve business goals.
* Trust - having confidence that colleagues will support the Alliance Principles and act with integrity and professionalism in sometimes challenging circumstances. Show a commitment to delivering on actions (i.e. do what you say you will do) and trusting others to do the same.
* Challenging - The confidence to challenge decisions to ensure that the Best for Alliance is achieved. Accept challenge of ideas in the interest of achieving the best outcome.
* Honesty - The ability to demonstrate open, honest and ethical behaviour in all dealings with stakeholders, colleagues, suppliers, partners and the public. It is about being open and honest and acting consistently with the Alliance Values at all times
Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
CSCS manager card
IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS
Excellent communication, people and team management skills
Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with our Company values
Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and motivate and lead the team in line with the Company culture, ensuring high standards of compliance
Temporary Works Co-ordinator
CEng MICE, or equivalent
Knowledge of Primavera P6 software
Confined space training
First Aid at Work
* Considerable experience in Civil Engineering, ie. Drainage, transportation, structures
* Working knowledge of NEC contract conditions, CDM regulations, Design Management, Programme and Risk Management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
* Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.