5 months ago
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Construction Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of projects (or parts of projects) within the Alliance, in support of the relevant Delivery Manager. This role includes the coordination and facilitation of all processes. They will have knowledge and background of financial and commercial management of delivery aspects of the project to ensure that the project is taken into tram operation safely, on time and within budget. They will be responsible for resource planning within the project and ensuring the project meets key delivery milestones.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
* Manage the site team and subcontractors to successfully plan and deliver EDGE and associated advanced works on time, within budget and required quality, including:
o £2.5m complementary highway measures
o Advanced works package
o Broad Street Canal Bridge strengthening
o £40m main scheme works
* Input in to required site setups, traffic management, TTROs etc
* Perform tasks on a Best for Alliance basis in accordance with Alliance principles.
* Ensure all pre-construction surveys, approvals, safe systems of work are in place prior to construction
* Complete daily records including but not limited to, works undertaken, issues recorded, progress made, health and safety performance etc
* Involvement and monitoring of safe system of works
* Input into production of project controls, systems and procedures including but not limited to:
o Traffic Management Plans
o Risk assessement and method statements
o Resource Plans
o Programme lookaheads
* Interface management with: external projects, Centenary Square extension, utility diversions
* Deliver the project in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Alliance Principles.
* Have knowledge on costs against set budgets on all delivery expenditure.
* Record any changes to work scopes in accordance with Alliance governance procedures ensuring agreement on scope and cost change prior to work commencing
* Resource and schedule planning
* Plant, materials and labour procurement
* Undertake daily briefings to workforce as required by Delivery Manager
MMA VALUES AND CULTURE
* Respect - The ability to respond politely and positively to a variety of situations and people in order to meet changing priorities in the role. Arrive at meetings to start at the start time and provide meeting agendas and adhere to agenda timings, wherever possible speak to colleagues face to face.
* Safe & Sustainable - The underlying drive to ensure that we all support our Safety and Sustainability policies within the working environment, this includes contributing to the Alliance objectives for a safe and sustainable metro providing a lasting positive impact on the environment and communities.
* Openness - The willingness and ability to work co-operatively and supportively with colleagues, developing positive, open working relationships in order to solve problems and to help achieve business goals.
* Trust - having confidence that colleagues will support the Alliance Principles and act with integrity and professionalism in sometimes challenging circumstances. Show a commitment to delivering on actions (i.e. do what you say you will do) and trusting others to do the same.
* Challenging - The confidence to challenge decisions to ensure that the Best for Alliance is achieved. Accept challenge of ideas in the interest of achieving the best outcome.
* Honesty - The ability to demonstrate open, honest and ethical behaviour in all dealings with stakeholders, colleagues, suppliers, partners and the public. It is about being open and honest and acting consistently with the Alliance Values at all times
* Relevant construction qualifications e.g. CSCS min. gold, SMSTS
* Background in civil engineering and specifically highway construction
* Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures within the construction industry.
* Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
* Optional - Experience of Light Rail/Highways construction in city centre locations
* Experience of managing multi-disciplinary project teams
* Experience of delivering within an effective safety culture in a high risk environment
* Experience of delivering significant improvements in efficiencies/costs in previous roles.
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.