9 months ago
Job number: UK11456
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Construction Management
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Manager to join our Regional team to work in Edinburgh.
To provide a strategic operational management plan to enable successful project delivery, strong leadership of a multi-disciplinary team, and facilitation of strong links with other teams within and external to the project.
What you'll be doing
As a Construction Manager, you will:
* Take overall responsibility for the successful completion of the construction programme, meeting or exceeding all contractual obligations;
* Ensure that HS&E targets, KPIs are set and managed, monitor the effectiveness of the HS&E management system, lead/review accident investigations and carry out periodic Safety and Environmental Tours & risk reviews and implement safety improvement options;
* Ensure that sufficient resources are allocated to the Works Section and that each has an appropriate level of ability;
* Manage the implementation of systems and processes for Right First Time approach;
* Identify longer term strategic training to support individual development as required;
* Support the work winning process by providing technical input.
Who we're looking for
* Have experience in the management of a wide range of construction operations, including phasing and contingency planning, together with testing and handover;
* Be able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately and experience in implementing systems improvements;
* Have knowledge and experience of links between design teams and operational delivery;
* Have a clear understanding and experience of the requirements for handover and self-certification of the works;
* Have a track record in continuous improvement, with the ability to analyse a fully resourced stage programme;
* Have a working knowledge of the standard suite of contracts.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.