30 days ago
Project: Mace is working as the project management partner for the delivery of a waterfront project and with the main contractor for a building project.
The construction lead is responsible for the coordination of the construction management team. It includes supporting and coaching the construction managers and optimising the role of that team in the overall management of the site works. Reporting to the construction director any current and upcoming issue with respect to day to day site delivery.
Also requires day to day on-site supervision, direction and monitoring of activities on the site, and providing input into planning the site and the works in a way to safely and efficiently deliver the project.
To discharge the role requires a range of technical skills and competences, management and communication skills, construction awareness and knowledge of various client’s standard project procedures and safety procedures, as well as following Mace’s mandatory health and safety and planning procedures.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Overarching site supervision, direction and monitoring of works.
* Reporting to the construction director and includes programming and planning, monitoring and closeout of authority’s obligations and conditions, client liaison and staff management.
* Providing input into site-wide management issues and a high level of interaction and coordination with other operational members of the site-wide team will be required.
* Managing logistics planning for individual works sections in support of the work completed on strategic logistics.
* Ensuring the working at height and edge protection strategy is being safely and efficiently implemented by the construction management team.
* Planning and implementing in collaboration with the rest of the client’s delivery team and working in accordance with the Mace production planning process.
* Communicating proactively with other site teams (H&S, contract, project controls, logistics) and other construction delivery managers to maintain good communication links and ensure activity and any related issues are well and timely reported.
* Contributing information on specific areas to weekly and monthly reports, as well as issuing and maintaining performance and KPI indicators.
* Supporting team instructions to take temporary measures to mitigate and keep works safe and within quality standards. Following up by taking appropriate and proportionate action (e.g. issue communications, call meetings) to avoid the halt of works.
* Developing the team with a good perspective of site activities (6 months ahead).
* Monitoring and assessing team individuals.
You will have a qualification in construction management or engineering discipline. You have SMSTS and hold a valid CSCS card. You have experience in managing personnel and teams. You are proficient in budget planning and forecasting. You have knowledge of NEC3 and contract administration.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You have experience in managing shell and core packages/projects in a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”