6 months ago
Connections Site Delivery Manager
Job number: UK12284
Company/Division: Gas & Water
Career area: Operational Specialists
Region/State: West Midlands
City: Wolverhampton, West Midlands (County)
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Connections Site Delivery Manager to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Wolverhampton, West Midlands (County).
* A key member of the GDSP Connections contract with front line management and day- to-day responsibility for Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost Control, Surveying and Customer and Client’s satisfaction. The Site Delivery Manager should take responsibility for the end to end Connections process on each job within their area.
What you'll be doing
As a Connections Site Delivery Manager you will:
* Work as directed by the Construction Manager ensuring that all operations are carried out in a safe and cost effective manner and maintain the highest standard of quality and safety whilst working to the clients specifications;
* Supervise and monitor teams and individuals to consistently deliver value against budgets;
* Complete all site surveys in a Geographic area within the 5 day SLA ensuring prevention of GSOS 9/10 failures;
* Manage workload to ensure compliance against GSOP 11;
* Ensure technical compliance to agreed policies and procedures;
* Comply to programme and plan ensuring adherence to GSOP 11;
* Ensure the final project sign off including providing accurate data management;
* Engage with third parties/internal stakeholders to promote and drive innovation, resulting in more efficient ways of working;
* Manage customer complaints and enquiries relating to any point within the job process to ensure RIIO Customer KPI’s are achieved.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following training, qualifications, and experience:
* Hold a valid U.K clean driving licence;
* Gas Safe registered;
* Street-works Supervisor qualification;
* Working towards or willing to work towards Technical Engineer level of IGEM;
* IOSH/CDM/ Risk Assessment trained or equivalent;
* Supervisory experience in the utilities industry;
* Experience in Gas;
* Environmental awareness;
* Commercial awareness;
* People management and leadership skills;
* Customer service skills;
* Commercial Management skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.