about 1 month ago
Capgemini Engineering are looking to recruit a Configuration Manager for our customer in Portsmouth.
Act as a focal point for Configuration Management related to the allocated project. The Configuration Manager will be responsible for all Project Configuration, in collaboration with the Project Team, reporting directly to the Team Lead for Functional Matters and the PMO Lead for Project matters.
The Configuration Manager will ensure that Project CADM Team(s) are able to deliver in accordance with Company processes, managing Internal and external document/data management.
Main responsibilities are including, but not limited to:
* Compile and Manage the Project CM Plan
* Process and Control Project RFD/RFW, including reporting including CCB activities and PDM tool (Windchill) administration, ensuring all changes are managed through the Project CCB and documents and Data-packs are circulated and delivered to meet Project requirements.
* Recording of documents in the company PDM (Product Data Management) database Creation and control of metadata
* Ensure correct distribution of documents/data and Data-packs
* Support Project end users for Configuration related queries , Quality document & data management is a prerequisite for good project configuration control
* Develop processes & Tool improvements to deliver efficient Business solutions
* Where required recording and controlling non-document data (media etc.)
* Provide guidance and support to the Project Team inclusive of CADM
* The Configuration Manager is accountable for ensuring the correct registration and assignment in the Company Product Data Management (PDM) Tool.
* The Configuration Manager will correspond with their nominated counterparts in customers and lower tier partners and suppliers.
* Minimum 15 years Configuration Management experience in a technical or data management environment, with proven full Configuration Management knowledge in:
* Configuration Management Planning
* Configuration Identification
* Product Structure
* Baseline Management
* Change Management including Status Accounting
* Minimum 10 years in a sensitive data environment.
* UK MoD Experience on complex Procurement Projects is essential.
Skills and Requirements:
* SC security clearance is mandatory.
* Excellent communication/teamwork with all internal and external stakeholders
* Previous experience of file/data management tools (Adobe, FTP, Nero…….)
* Previous experience of Product Data Management tools (Windchill, Teamcenter….)
* IT Literate with MS Office Tools
* Aerospace/Space Engineering background preferred
* Previous experience in a working environment in any industry with rigorous configuration control (Aerospace, Space, Military, Automotive, Petro-Chemical ).
Diversity & Inclusion
Capgemini Engineering recognises the benefit that having a diverse workforce brings to our projects. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In order to support diversity in our hiring process, your application will be anonymised when shared with hiring managers to be reviewed against the position.
As a permanent employee of Capgemini Engineering you will have access to a range of benefits alongside your salary including an annual bonus scheme where you could share in the company’s success. You will get 25 days paid holiday outside of the bank holidays, a pension scheme with employer contributions, options for private medical cover as well as life assurance and enhanced maternity/paternity pay. For some employees you will also be eligible to take part in our impressive employee referral scheme (£2,500 per employee referred