23 days ago
We are currently seeking a Concrete Plant Supervisor based at Elsham - North Lincolnshire.
You will be responsible for the operation of the computerised batching system in order to produce concrete to customer specification and required technical standards together with the day-to-day safe and efficient running of the plant.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: -
• Identify and report defective materials
• Manage all constituent material stocks and reorder as required from the various suppliers
• Operate loading shovels or telehandlers/forklifts to re-stock storage bins and stockpile aggregate deliveries
• Carry out daily checks of all safety critical equipment in line with company standards
• Daily checks carried out and recorded as required by the environmental permits
• Manage and control truck mixer/tipper/cement tanker drivers operating within the plant
• Ensure focused, proactive communication of any potential near miss / hazards within the work area to the Company's Health & Safety Department and Line Management
You will have a general mechanical / electrical understanding of machinery equipment within the concrete plant and be able to identify faults and report accordingly.
You will have a flexible, proactive and versatile approach to work. You will have an energetic “hands on” approach and the ability to anticipate problems and consider a solution and the ability to negotiate and work collaboratively with colleagues on both a formal and informal level.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated person with experience of plant operations.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
We offer competitive terms and benefits associated with being an employer of choice, including pension and share save option.
Closing date for applications
27th November, 2020