4 months ago
Computational Model Developer
Role Title and Location:Computational Model Developer
Job Ref No: P7654S
MBDA :Level 3
Reports to: UK Team Leader for Battle Modelling
An opportunity has arisen for a computational model developer to join the UK element of our International Battle Modelling team. Where we develop physics-based models of aircraft, sensors and weapon systems. These are used in operational studies to innovate how technologies and systems can perform in the future.
What are we looking for?
You will be able to demonstrate
* Your knowledge of algorithms, software and physics.
* Your experience of object-oriented coding of computational algorithms.
* Your understanding of data structures and data science techniques.
* Your experience of scripting in a Windows or Linux environment.
* Your interest in mathematical modelling and the practical applications of these models.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to a non-expert audience.
What’s in it for you?
* Understand how physics-based models are used in strategic games.
* Develop your knowledge of software development and testing methods.
* Build your knowledge of aeronautics, sensors, guidance and control algorithms.
* Learn about running simulations in distributed systems.
* Learn about the modelling of tactics, effectiveness and aircraft performance.
* Work with customer to see technology development and future products evolve.
What would you get?
* Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
* Develop physics-based modelling tools and software.
* Create, test and document algorithms and software libraries in C++ and or Python.
* Design, execute, visualize and report on studies.
* Distributed simulations, and participate as a pilot in a Human-in-the-loop real-time air combat simulator.
* Research, product development and customer studies.
What’s great about the team?
* An opportunity to work in an environment which values core skills in algorithms, coding and physics.
* To work with national and international partners on research and technology development.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.* Directorate
Engineering & Design|Systems Engineering/Design
Computational Model Developer
* Job Ref no