6 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the growing Regulation and Compliance team, and to lead the development of a fit for purpose compliance framework.
In this role, you will
* Manage two compliance leads
* Be responsible for the triage and management of all compliance issues and queries in to the Compliance team
* Be responsible for supporting the team in the introduction of new regulatory change e.g. compliance with new principles developed by Ofgem
* Develop a robust compliance monitoring process ensuring compliance audits are carried out, and issues are resolved
* Determine and create the appropriate suite of compliance policies for Energy Retail
* Design compliance training for Energy Retail
* Support the Head of Regulation and Compliance on any enforcement related activities
* Develop the compliance framework, for example designing compliance reporting to highlight compliance issues to senior management.
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* Good knowledge of the supply licence and other regulatory obligations
* Experience of implementing policies and processes to ensure compliance
* Experience of managing a team
* An interest in the broader regulatory environment and changes
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to work autonomously and prioritise
* Ability to understand and simplify complex issues
* A keen eye for detail, with a desire for continuous process improvement
* Proactive and not afraid to challenge the status quo
* A logical approach to problems and committed to developing solutions to compliance challenges
* Ability to digest complex information and shape it into a structured, coherent, written argument
* The flexibility to work independently in a fast-paced environment and take on work as required
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.