4 months ago
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy: Commissioning Manager
Location: Royston with global travel
Job Family: Engineering.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies. With operations in over 30 countries we employee more than 13,000 people. Today more than 93% of the group’s sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health. The need for affordable and increasing personalised health care is on the rise, Our Health Sector creates complex solutions to improve the efficiency of products and speed up the route to market, getting more effective treatments to the consumer faster. We need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
Our Clean Air sector excels in sustainable technology. We use our scientific know-how to create innovative products that play a crucial part in reducing harmful emissions and improving air quality, helping our customers meet legislative requirements globally. As a supplier of one third of catalysts into the automotive industry around the world, we are playing our part in creating a future for tomorrow.
We are currently looking for a Commissioning Manager to join our team.
The purpose of this job is to manage all aspects of the commissioning process from mechanical completion through to handover to the customer. This includes assuring the quality of the installation, all aspects of equipment testing and performance assurance, operator training, document management and completion of a handover package to the satisfaction of the customer.
· Develop pre-commissioning/commissioning quality control plan.
· Ensure P&ID diagrams are ‘As-Built’
· Manage and coordinate pre-commissioning/commissioning activity
· Manage and coordinate HSE plan with Site HSE Manager. Ensure its application by site staff.
· Manage and coordinate preparation of required written procedures.
· Manage and coordinate commissioning documents approval itinerary verifying compliance with agreed procedures.
· Manage and organize daily activities of site staff.
· Manage and coordinate availability of proper test equipment and tools.
· Manage and coordinate completeness of each system dossier and its consistency with agreed procedures.
· System completion coordination and punch list with the purpose to guarantee the delivery of the plant to Operations.
· Coordinate with Global Engineering for any problem that cannot be solved by the site staff.
· The critical activity is to obtain a signed handover certificate from Operations at the end of the commissioning process.
· Where an EPC Contractor is part of the project team, the CM will manage the activities of the contractors
· The CM will liaise with the Project Engineering group to ensure that the original User Requirements are met and where deficiencies are identified, they are raised at the appropriate level.
· The CM will report progress and cost on a weekly basis to the PM
· The CM is responsible to the customer (normally Operations) to ensure that the ultimate user is properly trained in all aspects of the newly installed equipment
· The CM is also responsible for producing and handing over to the customer all of the commissioning documentation as specified in the commissioning and operability plans.
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Degree or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline
· Significant experience of commissioning in production plants
· Sound knowledge of project processes
· Excellent planning & scheduling skills
· Excellent understanding of HSE requirements and observance
· Good reporting skills
· Good stakeholder management skills
· Good at identifying & mitigating risks
· Good IT skills
This role will involve extensive travel and being at site for extended periods of several months.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online –
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.