5 months ago
Chubb Systems, which provides large integrated solutions to major clients, is now seeking to recruit a Project/ Commissioning Engineer with previous experience in the servicing and/ or installation of integrated Intruder Detection, Access Control, Perimeter and CCTV systems. This role will involve working at client premises across the UK but with particular focus on clients based on Lancashire and Cumbria
Goals and Objectives:
• Reporting to the Project Manager – ability to install and commission security solutions complete with head end commissioning within budget and timescale whilst complying with contract specifications and established standards.
• To control and manage install and commissioning process in line with allocated timescales and budgets focusing on project milestones
• To maintain project records and perform the works in accordance with company procedures
• To work within a team to achieve the project and divisional goals
• Ability to wire and commission CCTV, Intruder, Access Control, Perimeter Detection Systems as a minimum.
• Instruct and coordinate subcontractors both in design and construction to meet project milestones
• To produce and maintain project records and perform the works in accordance with company procedures
We seek a talented Project Engineer who is committed to delivering exceptional customer service, possesses excellent organisation and communication skill. Ideally you will possess a BTEC HNC/ HND or equivalent standard in Electrical Engineering or M E related discipline, be registered CSCS/ JIB ECS or SKILL card holder of a relevant supervisory Gold Card with site engineering experience, to include all aspects of electrical installation and Commissioning.
Working in a team within the UK Region who undertake major special risk projects within the Power Generation, Energy, Utilities, Nuclear,Transport, Military and commercial sectors, your duties will include but not limited to:
Development and production of cause and effects solutions
Conduct site surveys and attend project progress meetings where required
Gather requirements for project materials and work with Logistics Coordinator to ensure timely delivery
Liaison and correspondence with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
Site surveys and meetings
Coordination and maintaining project files and records
Development of project specific documentation
Coordination of commissioning plans to meet multiple project objectives
Monitoring the efficiencies and standards of installation works through direct or sub-contracted installations
You will need to possess experience of integrated security solutions; to include CCTV, access control, perimeter protection and electric fencing. The key objectives will include assisting the Project Teams, assisting in the technical execution and commissioning of a wide range of Systems integrated contracts ensuring safe and timely delivery, co-ordinating and managing the day to day site activities, carrying out Commissioning Works and managing the Electrical Sub-contractors during the installation phase and assisting the Commissioning Team during the commissioning phase.
We welcome applications from talented Project Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Electricians, Electrical Engineering Managers, Site Engineers, Security Engineers, Security Service Engineers and Electrical Project Managers who possess the above criteria and wish to develop a career within Chubb Systems.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive basic salary
- Company Vehicle or Cash Allowance
- 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays
The Chubb brand is one of the most recognised fire and security brands in the world. From digital CCTV surveillance and intruder alarms to fire detection and suppression systems, we provide a full range of innovative products and services to customers, including most FTSE 100 companies.
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas, perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture of learning and attract world-class talent. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and candidates will be equally assessed and selected based on objective criteria.