12 months ago
Commercial Opportunities - Partnerships - London - (170000FB)
We are looking are looking for experienced commercial professionals to support construction projects throughout the whole of London ranging in value from £10m to £270m within the residential and extra care sectors.
We are looking for the below:
* Commercial Assistants
* Assistant Quantity Surveyors
* Quantity Surveyors
* Senior Quantity Surveyors
* Managing Quantity Surveyor
* Commercial Managers
* Procurement professionals
We are looking for candidates with high rise, RC frame experience and have worked with large developers
* The Commercial Manager will report to the Managing Surveyor, and will be responsible for:
* Preparation and management of key and large risk Sub-contract accounts from inception to final accounts
* Pricing and agreeing variations with the clients representative
* Sub-contract procurement strategy and implementation
* Presenting and agreeing the external valuation with Employers Representative
* Preparing monthly CVC reports for presentation to Directors
* Monitoring risk schedule and managing risk from Commencement to completion
* Checking and ensuring compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less Notices to Subcontractors
* Provide Contractual advice to project team
* Provide input and cost and value engineering advices throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings
Experience and Qualifications:
Successful applicants will ideally possess a BSc in Surveying and along with membership of a recognised construction body (MCIOB, RICS). This is a senior role and the successful candidate will have worked in a similar level role for a main contractor or developer within the region.
You will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of JCT, PFI and bespoke contracts and possess a strong appreciation of project processes and design and risk management. Experience of successfully leading, managing, motivating and developing a team is essential, along with solid experience in delivering affordable housing major schemes with values in excess of £35m.
* Degree qualified preferable
* Professional membership of MCIOB or RICS preferable.
* Significant experience working within the construction industry
* Should ideally have worked at a similar level within a Construction or Residential organisation
* Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience
* Ideally experience of working and managing a commercial team
* Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on site environment
* Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation / communication skills
In summary, the candidate must be proven in commercial and risk manager on similar schemes for similar sized contractors within the region. The successful candidate will have a reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment; be totally comfortable working in and managing a team; and possess the creativity, commercial expertise, and commitment to successfully play an important role with the commercial and site teams.
They will bring a track record in working within a successful team which would include profit maximisation, robust financial and commercial acumen.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Galliford Try is a leading UK Construction and Housebuilding group. The business is split into three distinct divisions, Construction, Housebuilding, Partnerships and Regeneration, covering a range of specialist work in affordable housing, commercial, custodial, education, health, interiors and leisure, across both public and private sectors. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 250. Our vision is to be leaders in the construction of a sustainable future.
Partnerships and Regeneration
The Partnerships and Regeneration division is the Group’s regeneration and affordable housing specialist. As a business it is committed to increasing the supply of housing and building sustainable communities across the United Kingdom.
Not only is the Galliford Try Partnerships brand a major contractor partner for some of the largest developing housing associations, the division also acts as a developer, bringing together private and public organisations to create award-winning mixed-tenure schemes.
Partnerships and Regeneration acts as the crucial link between the Galliford Try group and the government’s Homes and Communities Agency as a lead development partner.
For the past financial year, Partnerships built 2,200 homes of all tenures, while 60% of all homes that Galliford Try delivered were defined as affordable under the government’s current definition.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
: General Site Location (South East)
: Partnerships Division OU 4001
: Jun 14, 2017, 9:59:20 AM