21 days ago
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What is the purpose of this role?
Are you a Quantity Surveyor with Target Cost and Rail or Civils experience, seeking a role near Cardiff?
Working on the Core Valley Lines project on behalf of Transport for Wales, this project will require a hands on QS with significant target cost experience and strong cost control.
Excellent excel skills combined with the ability to relationship build with a wide variety of stakeholders is crucial. This exciting project will provide outstanding experience of a big civils project.
You will be working at Treforest, managing the relationship with a Tier 1 sub contractor and reporting to a Senior Commercial Manager
What will this role involve?
* Implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey
* Implement commercial processes to ensure our contractual entitlements are realised
* Implement Amey’s commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement, reporting and value recognition rules
* Agree with the finance team a robust SAP coding structure to facilitate accurate cost capture
* Procure Subcontracts and management of Subcontractor accounts
* Prepare, review and evaluate subcontract enquiries and quotations, liaising with procurement team
* Play a key role in supporting risk management on the contract matrices
* Prepare commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flow forecasts
* Exercise full cost control of projects including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts, and the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager
* Ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations /Comp Events
* Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
What are we looking for?
* Experience of rail design and build contracts
* Experience of Target Cost contracts, NEC desirable
* Experience of working on complex rail projects, and depots in particular
* Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable
* Proficient in Excel and Word
This attracts a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (and bank holidays), 37.5 hour working week, contributory pension and access to a range of Amey savings