6 months ago
Commercial Manager – London
Your role will be providing competent and enthusiastic support to the Operations Director in identifying and managing commercial / financial risk within the GL Hearn/Real Estate Advisory business of Capita Property and Infrastructure (CPI).
This will require you to:-
* Commercially analyse / review existing business practices and procedures, identifying Commercial and Financial risks and proposing and project managing iterative improvement.
* Check the quality and completeness of professional fee proposals prior to submission against agreed norms, where appropriate recommending improvement to such norms.
* Support the interface between fee earners and divisional legal and commercial support on all new bespoke appointments in agreeing Terms & Conditions of business
* Provide commercial support to business units to help optimise win rates and achieve the correct risk/reward relationship
* Manage the mobilisation of new contracts engaging with both REA and wider divisional colleagues
* Provide support on Client Account Management on large commissions
* Carry out project reviews on key projects which have a material impact on the commercial and service delivery performance of the overall business and report to the Operations Director.
* Formulate action plans of necessary improvements to business processes and procedures to achieve efficiencies in the day to day running of business units.
You will be expected to have:
* Demonstrable experience in commercial management within the real estate, construction or outsourcing sector.
* Good people skills ability to disarm suspicion and get to the root cause of issues.
* Appropriate MS Excel and Word skills to write reports that contain financial / commercial data
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Commercial discretion when handing highly sensitive commercial data, or issues
* Ability to work in a fast changing environment
* Enquiring attitude to work and willingness to articulate their views in debate.
* Be proficient in other Microsoft Office packages
* Excellent spoken and written business communication skills.
* Good relationship management skills both with colleagues and clients.
* Commercial awareness and acumen.
You will be expected to have:
* Knowledge of the Consultancy, outsourcing or construction sector.
* Familiarity with understanding basic and advanced legal contracts/agreements.
* Commercial acumen and knowledge/in depth understanding of fee proposals and linkage to the wider commercial context of the service being provided.
The post holder will be expected to support the Operations Director by doing the following:
* Auditing businesses both in terms of commercial and financial risk.
* Providing solutions to increase efficiency and manage implementation processes.
* Creating good working relationships with stakeholders internal and externally to the business.
* Reviewing contractual documentation and writing reports that identify and mitigate contractual risk
* Providing commercial quality control on professional fee submissions.
* Carrying out commercial coaching across the business.
* Reviewing completeness and recoverability of work in progress.