about 1 month ago
Commercial Manager (Highways) M56 SMART Motorway J6-8 - (180000R7)
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Manager to work on Highways England’s flagship Smart Motorways Programme. The project will involve upgrading pavements, barriers and drainage as well as installation of gantries, emergency refuge areas and technical equipment to the M56 between junctions 6 and 8, to the west of Manchester Airport.
The Highways division is one of the business units that make up the Galliford Try Infrastructure entity. It delivers projects for national and local clients. This team has expanded in recent times and includes operations for Highways England, Local Authorities and Highways Maintenance. We are we are now recruiting for an experienced Commercial Manager to take a lead on all commercial aspects of the M56 project; this is an excellent opportunity for a contractually and commercially astute Commercial Manager to build a growing and successful team.
* Maximise profitability, develop project strategies, identify opportunities and risks
* Manage the payment of all supply chain members
* Optimise cash flow through external valuations and control of subcontractor accounts by monitoring Reserves/Work in Progress and Subcontractors payments
* Provide assistance to Financial Department in the recovery of outstanding monies by monitoring main Final Account and Subcontractors Final Account progress
* Monitor and facilitate the recovery of retention and the like
* Ensure correct contractual procedures are operated for both Main Contracts and Subcontracts by ensuring that the site team is complying with contractual obligations
* Identify financial risk associated with non-compliance of contract conditions and report accordingly and identify any special addition terms and conditions that should be incorporated in the subcontract agreement
* Provide pre-contract advice to Estimating department related to amended Terms and Conditions of Main Contracts and resource availability for forward workload
* Ensure that all necessary contemporaneous records and documentation are maintained for maximum recovery in the event of Claims preparation and recovery
* Provide monthly Cost Value reports and monthly Margin Analysis, identifying separately over/under valuation, maintenance reserves, speculative reserves and any management adjustments. Identify and evaluate risk for example prolongation costs not recoverable together with any liability for LADS
* Forecast Out-turn margin, Commercial Analysis, programme, progress, contract turnover in conjunction with Line Management and review monthly and adjust as necessary
Training and Development
* Motivate, plan, co-ordinate, maintain and develop staff to undertake current and prospective workloads
* Participate and actively encourage both Company training courses and on the job training
* Responsibility for RICS / CIOB training requirements with specific responsibility for certain APC candidates
* Monitor and record individual performances on an ongoing basis together with annual appraisals
* Establish and maintain links with Clients and their advisors
* Develop contacts for post contract marketing and actively participate in generating wider client base
Experience and Qualifications:
* Experience in a contracting environment on Highways major projects and/or
Other highways projects is ideal
* Experience of working within frameworks
* Ideally Degree level qualified or HND/HNC together with equivalent experience
* Ideally professionally qualified
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Strong leadership skills
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,500 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, UK, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Primary Location : Greater Manchester
Job : Commercial
Organization : Construction & Investments
Job Type : Experienced
Job Posting : Oct 13, 2018, 11:08:21 AM