8 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
The commercial manager is commercially responsible on any contract assigned to them, for all pre and post contract commercial issues relating to a contract.
Reporting to a senior commercial manager or commercial lead and project manager.
The commercial manager will typically be responsible for a contract(s) between £0-£100m in value subject to level of risk or complexity. The commercial manager will typically lead a commercial team of 0-10 people.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Handling the day to day management of commercial assistants under their control.
* Providing support to the procurement process during the procurement phase (pre-award).
* Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award).
* Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out).
* Supervising the delivery of the contract in accordance with the NEC form of contract.
* Managing professional development of self and people within the team.
* Ensuring that all principal accountabilities (see below) are implemented in accordance with NEC commercial procedures.
The commercial manager is an important role with accountability to the senior commercial manager for the successful commercial administration of one or more contracts. As such the commercial manager is empowered to make decisions around the principle accountability areas, under the overall guidance of the senior commercial manager and in accordance with delegated levels of authority.
The commercial manager will be the primary point of commercial contact on the contract(s) assigned to them and will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within the project(s).
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* Ability to demonstrate a noteworthy track record of administering successful contracts.
* Effective commercial/contract management skills are essential, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies.
* Good commercial skills and ability to make sound decisions on matters of financial value.
* Understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management.
* Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels.
* Familiarity with most common forms of contract (NEC and FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment, with particular knowledge of UK law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
* Familiarity with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy.
* Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
* A degree qualification in quantity surveying or other commercially related discipline is preferred.
* Progressing to full membership of the RICS/CICES/IOB or equivalent professional body is essential.
"Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel."
Stratford, London, UK