5 months ago
Job number: UK12237
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Commercial
Region/State: South East
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our Regional team to work in London.
To manage commercial performance of a series of projects or an individual project within the Aviation Sector Delivery Unit. To ensure the CSUK commercial process is consistently applied.
To provide commercial support to the relevant Project Director to allow management of project and commercial risk, ensuring that financial performance meets or exceeds profitability targets.
What you'll be doing
As a Commercial Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
* As the senior commercial resource within a Delivery Unit operational team, support the Sector Commercial Director in the Delivery Unit in fulfilling the obligations of that role;
* Responsible for the commercial assurance of the projects under management;
* Working with procurement surveyors to ensure that subcontracts are placed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner;
* Providing commercial assurance of project margin performance through accurate forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk;
* Management of commercial performance, cashflow, margin management (commercial value creation) and commercial risk on allocated projects;
* Support the project delivery team in the management of the contract (including managing warranties), creating commercial value;
* Understand the requirements of the customers in specific sectors, where applicable, and ensure that projects are managed commercially to satisfy those requirements;
* Identify any potential disputes, provide appropriate reports and ensure that issues are escalated appropriately
* Ensure appropriate management of commercial risks;
* Ensuring Balfour Beatty Group Minimum Commercial Expectations are applied consistently across projects under management;
* Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
* Encourage and promote success;
* Carry out Audits and ensure compliance with Balfour Beatty BMS and best practice;
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* This is a management position for an individual with the business acumen to develop commercial opportunity on projects within the Delivery Unit to achieve and exceed profitability targets. The individual should have proven experience in their ability to lead, influence and communicate with others. Demonstrable experience in a specific sector may be required;
* The individual will have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CIOB or ICE is desirable. The individual will hold a valid CSCS card;
* Ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and previous experience of managing project commercial performance is necessary. Commercial awareness is required to assess margin, risk and cashflow;
* Experience of leading large complex projects and a number of teams;
* Significant NEC experience is desirable.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.