19 days ago
Commercial Leader (South) - 0074VQ
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Are you our next Commercial Leader? We have a great opportunity for the right person to join our well-established team as a Commercial Leader with responsibility for our commercial management of the South Region.
As a Commercial Leader, you will be responsible for the commercial management of the South Region, ensuring policy and procedures are adhered to with respect to SRM Contractual and financial guidelines and financial accounting of projects.
You will also work closely with the regional leadership team to provide support on risk management, forecasting, legal issues, contract agreements negotiation, reducing overdue debt, improving projects cash flow and effectiveness of labour and subcontractors to maximize revenue, profit whilst reducing the exposure of risk in the Division.
In this role you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with the Projects Director in developing effective and sustainable execution of the overall growth strategy.
* Review complex contract documentation and prepare a response to the Customer, coordinating with the legal department and other support functions that mitigates the contractual, financial and insurance risks in accordance with the Corporate Solution Risk Management guidelines and best practice
* Negotiate with the Customer to establish a contract solution that provides the best possible risk profile for Schneider
* Provide contractual and financial support to the front office and tender teams for complex opportunities and coach and provide awareness on Solutions Risk Management and best practice
* Attend Tender reviews to ensure the SRM process has been complied with and best practice risk management implemented
* Process reviews and approvals through the Corporate SRM where required, e.g. performance contracts, high value opportunities, derogations to the Corporate position etc.
* Contractual and financial support in the contract execution phase, to the Operations/Project Managers/ Contract team to mitigate contractual and financial risks, for:
* Review of contracts in line with sold position
* Execution of contracts in line with corporate guidelines for coming in to force
* Adherence to contractual conditions to secure full entitlements in respect changes including loss and expense
* Contractual conditions are adhered to in protecting the business against L&D`s, i.e. issuing delay notices, requests for extension of time
* Assists in the negotiation of Framework agreements for key Customers that would benefit the Business strategy
* Manages the dispute resolution process but foremost should pre-empt and mitigate potential disputes
* Assist the Operations/ Project Manager in lessons learnt on key projects, margin and cash improvement actions
* Provide direction and leadership to the Contracts Team, ensuring the ongoing development of the teams’ skills/competences and that resource levels are optimized to meet the company’s objectives. Ensure monthly reporting and reviews is carried out in an accurate and timely manner
* Participate as an active member of the Divisional Leadership Team, providing a proactive contribution to ensure that the overall Divisional objectives (including budgets) are achieved
* Become a recognised business leader in the region, assist in developing strong relationships with local contractors and be part of the development of the Schneider Brand
* Qualified to degree level in relevant discipline (Project Management, Business or Engineering or Legal) or equivalent experience
* Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in similar role
* Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact with both internal and external customers
* Positive attitude and constructive approach
* Be familiar with commercial activities and have good working knowledge of both PDS products and the appropriate market segments
* Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must
* Hold a full driving license
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Our offer to you:
* You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
* Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
* Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
* A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
* A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
* An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
: GB-England-London & South East