9 months ago
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
Within the commercial function you will be at the forefront of deal structure, drafting, negotiating and managing customer contracts and key relationships upon which our business is based. You will work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders within the business and be central to the activities associated with business winning and contract management.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for;
- Learning on a structured training programme where you can see how you are making progress in core areas of competence or skills including completion of external accreditation with the IACCM.
- Gaining experience across the whole contract lifecycle, and in various areas of our business.
- Supporting the generation of sound proposals for new business, influencing deal structures, supporting negotiations, and supporting the generation of contractual documents that add clarity and support good business.
- Demonstrating the values of QinetiQ in your delivery (performance, collaboration, Integrity)
This will help the future of QinetiQ by;
- Ensuring the people that work in commercial are motivated, highly trained to a world class standard and equipped to manage a wide range of commercial challenges.
- Ensuring that the deals we do are sound, and reflect a sensible risk and reward balance.
- Ensuring our values are upheld in everything we do.
- Ensuring that our commercial graduates are in a position to confidently graduate from the scheme ready to work at up to Assistant Commercial Manager Level within just two years.
To apply for the role you MUST meet the below criteria;
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a Business, law or STEM subject
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in written and oral form, be capable of creating good relationships
- Full British Citizenship
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!