15 days ago
Job ID 00019562
About the role
Commercial & Contract Senior Manager
You will be responsible for business leadership, governance and providing subject matter expertise for all commercial and contractual aspects of the delivery partner contracts, throughout the contract lifecycle.
You’ll also be working with key stakeholders, procurement and legal teams to ensure satisfactory contract design, compliance, issue resolution and proactive leverage of opportunities to maximise the value gained by Virgin Media.
* Lead, manage and develop the Commercial & Contract Management team by successful people, stakeholder and partner management
* Produce and/or negotiate draft Framework agreements, SOWs, contract amendments and Contractual Change requests for existing and new partners
* Ensure internal stakeholder engagement is maintained during the term of the contract, building strong relationships with CTIO, Procurement & Legal teams to ensure a consistent approach to managing the partner relationship and gaining the best benefit from internal expertise
* Working with internal stakeholders and partners to support the design of services to be delivered including the required service definitions, catalogues, service levels, technical and security standards, business processes, BSS and OSS systems ensuring are reflected appropriately in commercial and contractual times
* Manage the contract change process ensuring a tracking record is built, maintained and audited on a regular basis and that approvals are received and logged from the various stakeholders
* Provide contract management subject matter expertise on all aspects of the outsource contracts and support the contract governance schedule by representing Virgin Media at specific meetings and performance reviews
* Own and manage all aspects of any contract dispute and resolution process ensuring relevant stakeholders are engaged as part of this process
* Act as a strategic and local partner escalation point of contact for all commercial matters and provide support for all internal stakeholders as part of any operational escalation process
* Consistently drive a process and dialogue with our strategic and local partners that can leverage their scale and capability to extract greater value out of the relationship for Virgin Media
* Input to relevant business cases that provide cost benefit analysis of new capabilities or variations to the existing service catalogues
* Ensure the Partners develop an Exit Plan that meets the contract requirements and is reviewed on an ongoing basis for relevance
Minimum essential criteria
* Previous technical governance, partner and financial experience gained within a large commercial environment
* Strong experience in Legal or Procurement management within Telecoms
* Understanding and experience of relevant technologies and systems for example: IP, Voice, Transmission and Access
* Expert relationship manager supporting vendor and partner relationships
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong record of people management in a technical environment, including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
* Holds a relevant accreditation in ITIL, ISO270001, ISO20000 or equivalent discipline
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.