about 1 month ago
Work with Amey on the UK’s most exciting rail project!
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
You will report into the Amey Commercial Function and work within the Alliance Commercial Assurance team to deliver a right first time, every time, Commercial Assurance outputs for the multi-billion pound TRU West programme of works.
As the Commercial Assurance Partner, it is essential to enjoy cost / data analysis in conjunction with a collaborative approach to any challenge.
You will be expected to:
* Support the relationship on behalf of the Alliance with the Alliance Auditor.
* Contribute to the delivery of Payment Procedure requirements of the Project Alliance Agreement. This includes periodic Statement assessment / certification and sectional final accounts and provide financial stability of cashflows to the Owner and Participants.
* Influence the Commercial Assurance element of the Commercial Governance Plan.
* Provide advice and support towards understanding the Alliance commercial position alongside the Alliance Wide Reporting Team.
* Participate in the reporting of Fair Payment Charter metrics.
* Aid the Alliance on financial and assurance matters.
* Play a role in the system and Actual Cost reviews in relation to Tier 2 suppliers.
* Supply the commercial administration of Project Bank Accounts.
Skills & experience
You will have:
* Experience in commercial assurance / audits.
* Data analysis expertise.
* Strong commercial administration experience.
* Experience to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
* SAP Finance System experience.
* Determination to develop and coach junior members of the commercial team.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Good communication skills.