6 months ago
Job number: UK11855
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Commercial & Quantity Surveying
Region/State: West Midlands
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Assistant to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Solihull.
A Commercial Assistant will have some experience of the construction industry and the duties required of the commercial team. They will support more experienced members of the commercial team in the undertaking of commercial administrative duties such as subcontractor administration, change management and other commercially-related administration tasks
What you'll be doing
As a Commercial Assistant, your accountabilities are as followed:
Analytical Thinking & Decision Making
* Understanding of basic ordering of information and data checks
* Gather data & carry out research on current construction costs under supervision
* Measure, record & value work supervised in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures
* Record progress on site and help prepare and maintain records
* Use the company’s ERP System
* Collation of Cost and Value Information
* Collect information required to specify procurement requirements
* Record and document information including registration of interest
* Understand the steps / documentation required
* Collation of cost and value information
* Measurement of works and provide information on subcontractors performance
Development, Recruitment and Retention
* Maintain a Personal Development Plan
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
* Work experience
* Industry knowledge
* Knowledge of the role of the commercial function
Personal qualities include:
* Achievement Focus (Achieving Results)
* Analytical Thinking & Decision Making
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.