10 months ago
Cannock, with travel to Birmingham & Other J. Murphy sites
The Commercial Assistant will support the business and particularly the Commercial Team through the provision of high quality general Administrative support.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Assist with preparing records, retrieving documentation and interfacing with MAXcel
* Resolve internal and external customer enquiries, referring those that you are unable to resolve to the correct recipient.
* Provide high quality customer service in all communications with internal and external clients.
* Maintain accurate paper and computer-based records.
* Produce correspondence, documents and presentations to specification using a variety of media.
* Maintain established paper and computer-based filing systems.
* Conduct financial duties, for example, processing invoices or tracking costs.
* Order and maintain stationary and equipment supplies.
* Process post.
* Work in accordance with established processes and provide feedback on their effectiveness.
* Ensure Company and legislative health and hygiene standards and requirements are complied with at all times in providing food and drink.
What we expect from you:
* A Level education or equivalent.
* Experience within the construction industry (Desirable)
* Successful experience of working in a general administration support role and/or in a customer services environment.
* Demonstrable knowledge of operating office equipment and IT
* Literate and numerate with proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other office applications.
* MS Intermediate. (Excel, Word and Outlook)
* Never Harm Hub Day (Desirable).
At Murphy, we believe our people are our greatest asset, which is why they are at the heart of our company and everything we do.
The diversity of individuals and skills we require is simply huge and we need a large workforce of varied skills to match the size and complexity of our projects.
With such a range of projects and professions, Murphy is the ideal place to develop your career. We offer a number of apprentice, graduate and entry level positions within our Murphy Academy, as well as roles for more experienced candidates.