9 days ago
Job ID 00021276
About the role
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity to join Virgin Media as a Collections Coordinator! Within this role you’ll be based within our Business Collections team providing brilliant customer service. You’ll be helping customers who owe money to Virgin Media Business make appropriate payments to prevent their services from being restricted or disconnected.
You’ll strive to consistently achieve challenging individual and team targets that contribute to the overall business goals.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – Broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's absolutely critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more..
As a Collections Coordinator, you’ll work as part of a team who maintain effectiveness on the phone throughout the day, while dealing with a high volume of inbound and outbound customer calls. You’ll need to use careful questioning to explore customers’ financial situations and find mutually satisfactory payment solutions. In doing so, you’ll minimise bad debt and reduce customer churn through effective, quality negotiations with customers (for example, a win-win solution for both the business and customer).
There is lots of room to grow and develop and you’ll be responsible for your own self-development through effective contribution at regular coaching / feedback and appraisal sessions with your Team Manager.
The must haves
* Previous experience of dealing with Business customers.
* Proven experience of being able to work to targets.
* A good understanding of what makes brilliant customer service.
Other stuff we’re looking for
* Experience gained within a Collections environment and / or a Contact Centre environment.
* Basic computer and numeracy skills (e.g. GCSE Maths equivalent Grade C or above)
* Good standard of written English (e.g. English Language GCSE grade C or above)
What’s in it for you
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits you'll get are:
* 25 days annual leave, plus UK Bank Holidays.
* A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
* Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
* Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
* The option to buy and sell up to 5 days annual leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. If your application is successful, the next steps of the process are likely to include an initial telephone conversation with a member of our Recruitment team, followed by a competency-based video interview with the Hiring Manager.
When you , you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.
View in Google Maps