9 months ago
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Department: WEC Machining
Hours of Work: Shift rotation 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
Established for 40 years and now one of the UK's leading multi award winning Engineering companies, WEC Group Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced and gifted CNC Turner to join our busy Machining team based Blackburn.
Working within a predominantly medium to high batch machining cell this role is to program, set and operate a Doosan Lathe.
Due to the type of work, you will have excellent tooling knowledge and the ability to ensure cutting strategy suits high volume production.
With a high attention to details this role will require an engineer from an environment of high tolerance work e.g. automotive.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* Must be time served with post qualification experience in a technical machining background
* Ability to program Fanuc controls
* Experience of multi axis turning center’s
* Highest standards of H&S and Quality is essential
* Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings and deliver conforming parts
* Working with various materials including exotic grade alloys
* A detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy is essential
* A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team.
* 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
* Profit share scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Company Pension
* Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
* Healthcare & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme
* Free car parking