9 months ago
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Department: WEC Machining
Reporting to: Manufacturing Manager
Hours of Work: Shift Rotation 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm
WEC Group Ltd, established for over 35 years and now one of the UK's leading & multi award winning engineering, fabrication and
machining companies, requires an experienced and gifted CNC Programmer/Setter for their purpose built facility at the Blackburn site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and capable CNC Programmer/Setter, who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly
expanding engineering firm.
Working within a predominantly medium to high batch machining cell this role is to program, set and operate Barfed Mazak CNC Lathes with B axis/Y axis/Sub spindles.
Due to the type of work, you will have excellent tooling knowledge and the ability to ensure cutting strategy suits high volume production.
With a high attention to details this role will require an engineer from an environment of high tolerance work e.g. automotive.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* Must be time served with post qualification experience in a technical machining background
* • Ability to program Mazatrol and/or Fanuc controls
* Experience of multi axis turning centres
* Highest standards of H&S and Quality is essential
* Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings and deliver conforming parts
* Working with various materials including exotic grade alloys
* A detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy is essential
* A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team
* 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
* Free car parking
* Child care vouchers
* Cycle to work scheme
* Company Pension
* Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
* Healthcare & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme