about 1 year ago
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Department: WEC Machining
Reporting to: Manufacturing Manager
Hours of Work: Shift rotation 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm
WEC Group Ltd, a multi award winning engineering, fabrication and machining company, requires an experienced and gifted CNC Programmer/Setter for their purpose built facility in Blackburn.
Working within a predominantly low batch machining cell this role is to program, set and operate vertical and horizontal HAAS CNC Machining Centres.
Due to the type of work, frequent and efficient setups are required. There is also a need to be involved in the inspection process for 1st off checks and in process checks. With a high attention to detail, this role will require an engineer from an environment of high tolerance, low batch work.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* A minimum of 5 years' post qualification experience in a technical machining background
* Ability to program Haas machines
* Experience of 3rd and 4th axis is essential and 5th axis would be a strong advantage
* Highest standards of H&S and Quality is essential
* Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings and deliver conforming parts
* Working with various materials including exotic grade alloys
* A detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy is essential
* A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team.
* 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
* Free car parking
* Child care vouchers
* Cycle to work scheme
* Company Pension
* Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
* Healthcare & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme