8 months ago
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Full Time Regular
Baker Hughes have a number of roles in their Machinist area.
Candidates should have experience in either/both Mazak Integrex and Premium Threading.
The role would be to manufacture Oil Tool components to drawing specification or specific instructions while ensuring Safety / Housekeeping and Quality procedures are followed. Contributes fully and provides support and coaching within a team based environment.
* Ability to operate & handle materials and tools in safe manner, adhering to safety procedures at all times providing guidance to others.
* Program, Set up and operate Mazak Integrex CNC’s in the production of metallic components to specification or Set up and operate Fanuc, Mazak or In-situ controlled CNC’s in the production of Oil field premium threads on metallic components to specification.
* May be asked to perform operations and inspections to licensee (Vam, Tenaris, Hunting’s, API, NSCC) procedures and document measurements to ensure premium connections adhere to specification
* Reads and interprets engineering blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, to determine dimensions and tolerances of the finished work piece, sequence of operations tooling programming and setup requirements.
* Liaise with supervision on non-conformance & suggesting resolution activities.
* Provides support, coaching and mentoring to others in the team based environment, contributing fully to team development and participation.
* Enforces Housekeeping requirements, Safety Processes & Risk assessments & maintains a safe and clean working environment throughout the facility.
* Special projects as assigned.
* Any Other Duties as Required
* School Certifications or equivalent
* Ability to manufacture complex piece parts using Mazak machine tools and Mazatrol programming language
* Highly competent in the setting and operation of Mazak Integrex machine centres
* Capable of programming components on machine controls using Mazatrol
* Ability to manufacture complex premium threads (Vam, Tenaris, Hunting’s, API, NSCC etc…) on accessory components piece parts using Highly competent in the setting and operation of Fanuc, Mazak or In-situ controlled CNC’s
* Previous experience in the machining and inspection of premium threads
* Ability to apply concepts of trigonometry & math to machine operations
* Proven track record in previous roles / grades that exceeded expectations.
* Experience of working in a workshop environment
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering blueprints, safety instructions / manuals; maintenance instruction and procedure manuals, (Formatted in English and Imperial unit of measure)
* Ability to operate and use PC’s with experience of using manufacturing DNC systems
* Excellent understanding of the responsibilities of housekeeping and safety processes for self and others, displaying an active interest & vigilance in the safety of others., such that the holder can identify, prevent, discuss and rectify hazardous situations.
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Recognised as an expert in highly skilled operations such that they are able to direct coach and train colleagues on specific operations and techniques.
* Ability to recognize, solve & implement required changes for machining related problems.
* Capable of managing self
* Ability to work in a team and use own initiative
* Organisational skills
* Communication skills
* Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN