11 days ago
: Jun 6, 2021
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, teamwork and giving back.
The Cyber Platforms Fleet (CPF), part of the broader Enterprise Security Platforms organization, is focused on the architecture, engineering, deployment and management of multiple key Enterprise scale security platforms, tools and resources. These efforts are successfully achieved through a consistent focus on strategic thinking, engineering excellence, wide-ranging team engagement, agile workflow and a desire to develop new skills.
CPF is currently looking for a hands-on engineer to join the Vulnerability Infrastructure Squad. Working with multiple distinct teams throughout Morgan Stanley technology a successful candidate will be focusing on the implementation and deployment of a global container vulnerability scanning solution covering cloud and on-premises containerized OSes and platforms. These efforts will draw from experience with cloud infrastructure, container runtime and management tools, software development and platform integration.
- Hands-on development experience in Python or alternate programming languages such as Perl, Java, C, C++
- Experience of working w/ container runtimes and management of Kubernetes platforms such as AKS, EKS, OpenShift
- Experience of working in and around cloud environments such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience with CI/CD technologies including Jenkins, Stash, GitHub, Git, Jira
- Familiarity with infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, Helm, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager
- Solid comprehension of private, public and hybrid cloud models as well as distinct service models IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Track record of having worked on, and been involved in, the deployment and management of infrastructure at scale.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal engagement skills ensuring an ability to communicate at all levels across multiple project aspects.
- Focus on good time-management, task prioritization and an ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Familiarity with, or experience working in, an Agile environment leveraging Kanban/Scrum
- Experience in Azure DevOps: Azure Pipelines, Azure repos, Azure artifacts
- Background in a security focused environment or a distinct interest in developing deeper knowledge of cyber security.
- Thorough understanding of security architecture principles, design and engineering best practices
- Knowledge or experience with security areas such as container security principles, Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) and Common Platform Enumeration (CPE)
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our LinkedIn page and Youtube channel.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.