6 months ago
Cloud Security and Compliance Software Engineer
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be working with management, technical leaders, SRE (operations), development engineers and external auditors.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that service processes and tools correctly implement corporate security and audit requirements
- Security design reviews
- Security and security process improvements
- Proactively working with internal compliance, development and SRE (operations) squads to ensure audit requirements are satisfied
- Participation in audits to describe and demonstrate security controls to external auditors
- Driving improvements through automation using languages like Golang
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding and / or systems engineering
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Ansible or shell scripting
• Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design
• Experience with operating systems internals and / or networking
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
• Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
• Coding beyond simple scripts
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role )
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?