about 1 month ago
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists in creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team satisfy both business and technology needs. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our network of technologists from around the world.
This is an opportunity to join JP Morgan’s newly expanding cloud development team, building products that will accelerate our journey to Public Cloud. This is a reboot of the programme, partnering with key business programmes to unlock core services from AWS and beyond in a way that supports incremental delivery. Our team is responsible for making Public Cloud services available within the bank, leveraging native capabilities from multiple cloud service providers to deploy scalable, secure and resilient products. We're sitting at the core of this initiative, unlocking services and capabilities in a way that teams in the firm can use quickly, helping teams rearchitect their apps to be cloud-native and using these services to rapidly deliver value.
You will play a critical role in the evolution of J.P. Morgan's cloud strategy. You are responsible for providing technical solutions, working with colleagues across the firm, and enabling our business and technology partners to succeed on the cloud. You love technology, enjoy working with highly technical engineers on complex problems, and value continuous learning. As a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for strong collaboration, you are able to balance business, user and security needs with technical constraints.
* Solving the companies most challenging cloud problems by building innovative technical solutions.
* Focus on automation as first class operating model to ensure stability and velocity during development.
* Implement acceptance tests to ensure the product meets the business goal and specification.
* Create efficient integrations between on-premises enterprise systems and cloud provider services.
* Work with customers to provide in-depth technology solutions to their business problems.
* Lead, coach and mentor the organization with practical examples, hands-on workshops and papers.
Skills & Experience
* BS degree in Computer Science or related
technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Significant programming experience in one or
more of the following: Java, Python or Go
* Technical experience in some or all of the following would be useful;
* Web Scalability - Highly available
architectures - load balancing, scale out.
* Stacks - Tomcat, SpringBoot
* Messaging middleware - application
interoperability - ActiveMQ, MQ Series, SQS
* Storage technologies - object and block
* Database - SQL and NoSQL e.g. DynamoDB,
Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
* CI / CD pipelines and tool sets.
* Networking - TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls.
* OS - Linux (RHEL)
* Cyber security fundamentals and working
* Testing - xUnit, FitNesse, Cucumber
* Experience designing, developing, or
maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in Cloud ecosystems such as
Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
* A systems thinker with hands-on experience
with Lean and Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
Our Cloud Services Group is teeming with passionate
innovators like you who are rapidly designing, building and deploying
groundbreaking internal and public cloud platforms. By putting your
technological know-how to work on creating best-in-class cloud-aware
applications, your efforts will help us work faster and smarter, not to mention
reinforce our position as a global leader in Fintech cloud services