10 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A Cloud Native Architect is required for a variety of large and innovative PaaS cloud projects for arm in Manchester.
You will have a rare opportunity to lead and grow an entirely new cloud native capability within Arm’s incubation and new business team that is combining technologies such as
* Connected devices, connected services and IoT sensor fusion
* Computer vision, audio and speech recognition and natural language processing
* Data analytics, machine learning, edge and on device computing
You will drive a collaborative, iterative and agile process within a team of fellow architects, senior software engineers, data scientists, product managers and senior leaders.
You will provide technical architecture design based on Iaas/PaaS platforms such as AWS, Cloud Foundry, GCP, or Azure to identify design contracts and provide solutions.
In addition, you will work alongside internal and external engineering teams to provide a scalable and adaptable solution.
You will develop high performance applications, helping deliver state of the art multi-cloud software solutions on public, private and hybrid clouds, for exiting new products and businesses.
* Do you thrive in an exciting, dynamic and creative start-up environment, but also enjoy the security, resources and influence of an established and successful organisation?
* Would you excel within a world-class and passionate team that loves what they do?
* Are you looking for an influential role that can truly make a difference?
* Do you want to be part of the new technical revolution of intelligent connected services?
You will report directly to the senior director of the business unit and be a valued member of the management team, contributing to the strategic direction of the technology and the products.
* You have deep knowledge of Cloud systems (e.g AWS, Azure, Openshift, GCP)
* You bring a practical understanding of Cloud Native principles and techniques such as Microservices, Containers, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Infra-as-code
* You are proficient with Agile Development and you understand the importance of Test Automation
* You are experienced in designing and crafting large green-field development projects
* You have proven expertise with multiple programming languages and frameworks, and you can select the right one for the task at hand
* You have a strong background in Software Engineering and you possess an appreciation of hardware interfaces
* You have experience as an effective leader and an influencer and you are comfortable meeting with customers and partners
This role is based in Arm's brand new hi-tech office in the heart of Manchester.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St