8 months ago
The future is full of possibility, agility and Cloud. Do you want to shape the future of cloud experiences? So do we. Deloitte Cloud Transformation imagines, delivers and runs innovative Cloud solutions for the UK’s most prominent companies using a combination of open source software, cloud-native technologies, thought leadership and a focus on business value. We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and offer unique opportunities to learn, grow and lead in exciting new areas such as infrastructure-as-code, DevOps, containers, platform-as-a-service, CI/CD and micro-services.
You will guide our clients through their cloud journey from strategy through to a working and breathing environment supporting their most critical services.
• Building robust and scalable cloud platforms that enable teams to deliver modern micro-services based and digital solutions
• Continuously improve environments through automation and infrastructure-as-code
Your role will focus on helping our clients architect and engineer modern, agile Cloud environments. You will have responsibilities for:
• Delivering across a broad range of activities from technical and solution architecture design to operations, prototyping, developing and testing (depending on the size of the project and the client needs)
• Collaborating with cloud thought leaders across disciplines to innovate together
• Contributing to RFP responses and other business development activities
• Building lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate skills and experience in some of the following:
• Strong technical skills including a number of the following:
- Cloud technologies and services (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Platform)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Rocket) and their associated orchestration engines (Kubernetes / Openshift / Rancher / Swarm)
- DevOps philosophies and toolchains such as continuous integration and delivery
- Linux and windows system implementation and management using automation frame workssuch as Ansible, Salt Stack, Puppet, PowerShell etc.
• Key consulting skills including a number of the following:
- Strong ability to provide thought-through, clearly articulated, pragmatic solutions and recommendations to complex business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work load, meet project deadlines, and drive results
- Assessment of applications for technical suitability for migration to Cloud
Additional desirable experience includes:
• Certification in established Cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
• Relevant experience – either consulting or in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Public Sector (Central and /or Local and Regional Government, healthcare and education), Consumer Goods, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Telecoms, Media, Technology
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 155671