about 1 year ago
We are looking for a Clean Water Network Modeller to join our dynamic team based in Bristol. You will be in an office surrounded by a motivated multi-discipline team, and be connected to our national network of technical experts across the UK.
We’ll value you for going beyond to exceed customer expectations and deliver solutions by continuously developing your technical and managerial skills, in a company that is committed to your training and development.
Our Networks & Drainage Engineering team is one of the largest in the UK with clients that include utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
Networks and Drainage are one of Atkins Digital Practices meaning that we are using digital skills to automate and streamline workflows across our business. This is an exciting time to join the business as we merge more traditional engineering skills with innovative new digital methods.
* Due to the nature of the role you must have knowledge of clean water modelling. Experience in the following areas would be advantageous: -
* Using hydraulic models for planning and operational purposes
* Clean water modelling packages such as InfoWorks WS, InfoWater and EPANET
* Management and coordination of field testing required for model validation and calibration
* Working knowledge of GIS packages e.g. MapInfo and / or ArcGIS
* Experience in the design of solutions that improve water infrastructure systems
* Full UK driving licence
* Delivery of projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required
* Investigation and resolution of water infrastructure issues through the development of design solutions
* Interacting with Clients and other stakeholders during face to face meetings
* Team development and engagement with digital initiatives
* Data analysis and anomaly identification
* Technical report writing
* Proactive commitment to Health and Safety
* Shaping the future of networks and drainage - this is our challenge. Join us and you’ll work with a variety of colleagues and clients to create innovative solutions to challenging projects.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. We would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview