10 months ago
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Civils Principal Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of Civil design, leading a dedicated Civil design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the Civil and Structural elements of a complete project.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
In addition to the requirements of Principal Civil Engineer:
* Manage resource in the design team including team utilisation and cross discipline working
* Undertake PDRs and assist the TD with the competence assessment process
* Engage in the recruitment process, including arranging and undertaking job interviews
* Communicate effectively with the business directors, project managers and other PEMs including attendance at meetings
* Undertake high complexity design cost estimates and assist with bid development work
* Develop and mentor junior staff
We want to hear from you if you have:
* Achieved CEng / IEng status (or equivalent)
* Significant relevant experience - confirmed using the authority to work process
* Have a working knowledge of BIM and the use of common data environments
About Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.