about 1 month ago
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: €24,600 - €36,800 plus benefits
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
What is the Role?
SSE Airtricity Utility Solutions is Ireland's leading street light contractor, responsible for the maintenance of over 250,000 Street lights across the Republic of Ireland. We are committed to delivering the highest safety, service and excellence standards to the local authorities and the people they represent.
With 5 regional depots in the Republic of Ireland and over 120 employees, AUS provide national coverage and local expertise. All of our employees have a wealth of experience working in the Street Lighting industry and we understand the importance of using local suppliers and labour force wherever possible.
Due to continued growth in the area, we are currently looking to identify enthusiastic, self-motivated and hardworking Civils operative, based in the Greater Dublin area.
We are currently looking to recruit a Civils operative based in Dublin or surrounding area to carryout civil duties in County's Kildare, Wicklow, Fingal, Cavan, Monaghan, Louth & Meath though this can vary depending on business circumstances.
Duties will include the following;
- Completing of site investigations for the identification of utilities in advance of excavation work
- Completion of Risk Assessments in advance of works to ensure relevant controls are in place
- Excavation of grass verge, footway & road for the installation of duct or cables
- Undertaking & Assisting with Traffic management procedures
- Support our Electrical Crews
- Co-ordinate with electrical teams to complete programme of works
- Have the training and competency to complete reinstatement of surfaces such as concrete, tarmacadam, blocks
- Is capable to Managing and organising others
What do I need?
- A full clean driving licence (C Licence is required)
- Safe Pass
- Sign, lighting and Guarding certificate
- Forklift Licence
- Certs for MEWP would be beneficial
- Hiab/crane experience would be beneficial
- LUGS training and cert
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- 180 or 360 excavator cert
- An enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to their work
- Good communication and IT skills and commercial understanding of civils work
It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with -******* We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.