19 days ago
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What is the purpose of this role?
As a Civils Operative supporting our client Yorkshire Water you will carry out instructions as directed by the Site Manager/Team Leader and deliver civils work to the agreed quality, timescales and safety requirements.
What will this role involve?
* Ensure materials are used economically and that unused materials are returned to stores
* Arrange for all scrap materials to be removed from site in a safe manner at the end of each job
* Undertake possession management and site management duties as instructed
* Undertake all duties as skilled, in a reliable, flexible constructive manner
* Assist the team as required
* Maintain a good relationship with all customers, behaving in a professional manner at all times
* Act upon unsafe acts or conditions when observed, or when reported to the role holder
* Attend training courses necessary for development of the skills needed to carry out the tasks performed by the work group and learn how to act safely
* Adhere to streetworks regulations all times Attend work for all rostered shifts and overtime turns
* Specific Safety Responsibilities:
* Work in a professional and proactive manner including developing the safety culture with the sub-contractors
* Ensure that all accidents and incidents are fully reported
* Participate in regular monthly safety meetings with Manager
* Comply with the Alcohol and Drugs Policy
* Wear and maintain in good condition any Personal Protective Equipment provided for your protection, and bringing to your supervisor’s attention any defects or shortcomings with the equipment
* Ensure your own safety and the safety of others affected by your acts and omissions
* Bring any unsafe working activities or hazards to the immediate attention of the respective manager
* Only carry out tasks, activities and operating plant and equipment that you are certified or competent to carry out
* All personnel are to report any accident or near misses to their supervisor or manager immediately in order to carry out investigations into the causes and remedial actions necessary
* All employees to attend Safety Briefings, Work Box Talks, Pre Work / COSS and Task Briefings
What are we looking for?
* HSEA qualifications or equivalent
* Able to work in confined spaces
* A previous civils background is desirable
* An understanding and commitment to health, safety, quality and environmental aspects
* A responsible, proactive, and flexible attitude
* A commitment to actively participate in team responsibilities and provide positive input
* Willing to undertake competency and continuation training as determined by the Company
* Willing and prepared to travel