about 1 year ago
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their Design team with a Civil/Senior Engineer for our @one Alliance (Anglian Water) framework. You will provide superior quality Engineering Design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts. In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce civil design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organization of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. We will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion. We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres that serve more than six million people in the East of England whilst maintaining and improving the water mains and the sewerage network in the region.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively. The term ‘cost’ is to embrace all costs associated with the design and the subsequent construction of the design. To be cost effective the whole out turn cost of the design solution must be considered including design time costs, material costs, erection costs and any impact that the design solution might have on other disciplines.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Maintain competitiveness
• Provide estimates and feedback for Proposals department
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
• Assist in developing procedures and processes
• Monitor and review the procedures and processes
• Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
• Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to MWH in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are coordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
• Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
• Assure customer satisfaction
• To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
• Maintain a personal development plan
• Assist in supervising and developing staff
• Assist in ensuring a safe working environment for all staff
• Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
• Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
• Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Have experience of controlling members of staff in designing Civil aspects of water and sewage treatment plants (3 years)
• Preferable: - Civil Engineering degree - 4 years relevant experience
• Minimum:- Civil Engineering HND - 5 years relevant experience
• Ability to think clearly under pressure
• Good negotiation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
• Good general knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. mechanical engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management
• A flexible mind, with the ability to assimilate large amounts of different data at one time
• Ability to present technical proposals clearly, confidently and convincingly
• Computer literacy
• Driving license
We are and equal opportunities employer