9 months ago
Opportunity for a Civil Infrastructure Engineer (or recent Senior) to join our team in Cardiff, CF11 9AB.
Hydrock is an independently owned multidisciplinary consultancy, of circa 500 staff, operating out of 17 offices. It is one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (note our recent Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). We are currently growing at 10% per annum. We believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Our values include having fun, giving something back and our families coming first - check out all 10 here (and don’t miss the Challenge Day video on the same page!).
This relatively new office opened in 2015 and has grown organically into a team of over 45, including Structures, Building Performance Engineering, Infrastructure, Transportation, Geotechnical and Geo-environmental staff. Our modern open plan office looks out over Bute Park, and is located a stone’s throw from Cardiff Castle and The Principality Stadium. It is a great place to work!
Your role will include:
Working within a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, and operating across a matrix of projects, you will undertake scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs and project coordination. You will also be tasked with work winning, budgetary control of project finances, preparing fee proposals, line management of emergent team and upholding quality and accuracy of deliverables.
You will be expected to work in a design office environment but could also play an active role in design and site meetings, site inspections and progress reporting. Good communication and effective liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities are therefore considered key attributes.
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
* Candidates with a BEng or similar technical qualification/experience, and/or an HNC/HND with relevant knowledge gained in a design office environment
* An understanding of Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures
* Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD, MicroDrainage etc
* Strong written and verbal communicator
* Experience working with developers
* Good understanding of technical software such as Civil 3D, AutoTrack, Drawnet and any other industry standard software
* Knowledge of UK planning procedures and experience of providing technical support to secure planning approval
* Experience of securing technical approvals from highway and drainage authorities.
* Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
What can you expect?
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A good team, office and employer (check out our 2019 wrap up video here). A genuine opportunity to create and to be recognised and rewarded.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in the office.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.