12 months ago
Opportunity for a Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join our developing multi-disciplinary team in central Cardiff CF11 9AB.
This relatively new office opened in 2015 and has grown organically into a team of over 30, including Structures, Building Performance Engineering, Infrastructure, Transportation, Geotechnical and Geo-environmental staff. Our modern open plan office looks out over Bute Park, and is located a stone’s throw from Cardiff Castle and The Principality Stadium. It is a great place to work!
We are a market leader and an exceptional employer, as recognised by our placing in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list. We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
Overview of the role
You will be responsible for delivering technical support to the design of civil infrastructure projects. Working as part of a team within a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, and operating across a matrix of projects, you will undertake scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs and project coordination.
You will be expected to work in a design office environment but could also play an active role in design and site meetings, site inspections and progress reporting. Good communication and effective liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities are key attributes.
* Candidates with a BEng or similar technical qualification/experience, and/or an HNC/HND with relevant knowledge gained in a design office environment.
* An understanding of Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures.
* Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD, WinDES and PDS (or equivalent design software such as Civils 3D or MXROAD).
* Experience working with developers.
* Knowledge of UK planning procedures and experience of providing technical support to secure planning approval.
* Experience of securing technical approvals from highway and drainage authorities.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary, 5% employer pension contribution and excellent flexible benefits package.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.