7 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To act as a Civil Engineer in the assessment of rail structures to;
* Deliver all specified assessments tasks on time, within budget and to Network Rail, Highway and other relevant standards
* Ensure compliance with Company and Network Rail management process and systems
* Ensure the highest standards of safety.
What will this role involve?
The core works cover rail structure assessments for depots, footbridges, canopies, underbridges, overbridges and undercrofts to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards. Aspects of your role could involve;
* Preparation and check of assessment calculations
* Preparation of technical assessment reports and drawings
* Preparation for and undertaking of site work to carry out inspection for assessments and inspection/examination of assets – providing on-site technical leadership where required
* Preparation of technical remits
* Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and in accordance with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations relevant standards and HSEQ documentation
* Exercising independent engineering judgement and providing innovative solutions to engineering problems
* Supervision and mentoring of less experienced or junior staff in the production of technical drawings, reports and calculations and provision of feedback as appropriate
* Engaging in client and third-party liaison and maintaining good working relationships
* Responding to queries and liaise with Clients, Councillors, Amey staff, Third Parties and other stakeholder groups
* Supporting the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required
* Assisting with project planning, programming, cost control and reporting on programme delivery, resources and budgets
* Implementation of effective, value for money and innovative solutions
* Keeping up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate applying best practice within the team environment
What are we looking for?
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
* Demonstrable experience in Structures Assessments in accordance with Network Rail assessment standards and with all major structural materials
* Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite, AutoCAD and relevant engineering analysis software packages
* Driving Licence – full, valid and clean
* Eligible to work and reside in the UK
What makes this role unique?
You will be involved in the assessment of historic rail structures, including some of the nation’s most iconic assets.