about 1 year ago
Being part of Atkins’ rivers, coastal and maritime engineering practice, the challenges flow thick and fast. You will have the opportunity to apply your talents to high-profile, multidisciplinary challenges in the fluvial and marine environment. Whatever the project, you will be part of our expanding team in the UK, working to the same goal in delivering high quality, interesting projects to clients’ satisfaction. As our business grows and develops, so do the opportunities we take on. That means you can expect an ever-evolving array of diverse challenges that will call on all of your skills and expertise.
If you are a skilled engineer – river, maritime, civil, infrastructure or structural – you will have the chance to apply your skills in the delivery of heavy civil engineering, river engineering and maritime works including condition assessment, refurbishment and new build throughout the UK and overseas. The role will entail working within a dynamic and growing engineering practice providing services directly to clients and with other Atkins’ businesses working in a broad range of markets including infrastructure, energy, transport and defence. Our current client portfolio includes The Environment Agency, water companies, local authorities, Hutchinson Ports, ABP, CMAL, Cromarty Firth, Solent Gateway, Forth Ports, and major contractors. We are also engaged on and actively developing work in the Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific regions.
Nearing Chartered Engineer status, or having attained Incorporated Engineer status, you will positively contribute to delivery of Atkins’ local and national strategy. The maritime and river engineering sectors are key markets for Atkins and this vacancy is for an assistant engineer providing unparalleled opportunity for personal development within a leading design, engineering and project management consultancy. International opportunities. Large scale, high profile projects. Once in a lifetime challenges. Your story can start here.
* Civil Engineer with strengths in water-related civils, river or maritime engineering.
* Chartered / Professionally Qualified Engineer or approaching Chartered / Incorporated status
* Possess a degree in Civil and/or Maritime Engineering (MEng level in an associated subject being advantageous).
* Experience in engineering design, contract documentation and preferably in construction supervision.
* Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of working collaboratively in teams and with other disciplines in delivering wet infrastructure or maritime projects.
* Working familiarity with relevant technical codes of practice and industry standards is essential; from initial planning through to construction management, and the relevant consents and approvals processes.
* Strong written and verbal skills when communicating with stakeholders including technical and non-technical parties are essential.
* Have a valid UK driving licence, be available to travel across UK and occasionally overseas.
* Delivering river and/or maritime engineering project designs from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
* Preparation of calculations and project documents (specification, reports, technical notes etc).
* Assist in the preparation of bids to commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
* To maintain excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure repeat business.
* Take ownership for the quality of project work to meet agreed standards and specifications.
* Working with supplier resources to deliver projects to time, quality and budget.
* Liaise with and support others across the wider UK home and international markets.
* Highly flexible and self-motivated towards improving team and personal performance.
* Able to generate innovative solutions to challenges.
* Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
* Good understanding of relevant technical codes of practice and industry standards
* Customer focused and a high level of relationship management skills
* Good reputation and excellent technical performance in challenging environments.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview