about 1 month ago
Civil Engineer - Newry / Belfast
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Contract Type: Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday 17 March 2021
Nicholas O’Dwyer is Ireland’s professional engineering and environmental consultancy. Established in 1932 Nicholas O’Dwyer advises and assists today’s global community in the delivery of sustainable infrastructure for tomorrow. Nicholas O’Dwyer was acquired by the RSK Group in March 2020 and is now part of a multi-disciplinary organisation with more than 240 employees on the Island of Ireland.
Nicholas O'Dwyer are expanding and seeking ambitious engineers to work within our Newry, Belfast and Dublin offices. We operate a flexible policy which can cater for a wide range of working arrangements. We have a broad spectrum of projects both in Ireland, UK and Internationally and can offer the successful candidate a clear path for career development in one of Ireland’s largest indigenous consultancies, and more widely, as part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest consultancy businesses with operations throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The successful candidate would be working as part of a team in the areas of:
* Responsible for developing the design from initial concept to site supervision.
* Working as part and leading a design team.
* Supervising the preparation & Implementation of drawings and documents for projects;
* Attending & Liaising with Clients, Contractors, Consultants and all relevant stakeholders;
* Monitoring of project scoping, budgets, monthly operating plans and resource allocation;
* Carry out Inspecting and supervising on site works
* A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience within consulting engineers or equivalent (Candidates with exceptional experience and skills with less years’ experience will also be considered for the role);
* You will Hold a Level 8 qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* You will be Chartered Engineer or member of a professional body working toward achieving Chartership status;
* Willing to work on a variety of civil and structural projects across the island of Ireland and the UK.
* Design experience of Water Sector, Energy, Commercial, Institutional, Educational, Residential and light & heavy Industrial Structures;
* Ability to work as part of a team and achieve tight deadlines and communicate effectively;
* Strong knowledge of current codes of practice, building control regulations and procedures;
* Excellent Knowledge of structural design software packages;
* Capable of supervising technicians in the production of drawings and information.
* Report writing;
* Knowledge of management processes;
* Proficient in Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Driving licence essential.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience working on Frameworks with Utility Companies in the UK or Ireland would be desirable.
When you join Nicholas O’Dwyer, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. We are recognised experts in the arena of designing, developing and managing infrastructure assets worldwide to meet society’s needs.
Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the infrastructure environment for future generations to come.