5 months ago
About the Role:
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
As a maritime team member, you will be based in either London or Newcastle and liaise and interact very closely with the team for port planning,due diligence, concept and FEED design works on a variety of UK and overseas projects.
A typical week would include:
* Playing a proactive role in promoting Maritime services internally and support other members of the wider (Maritime) team in the roles they are required to perform.
* Proficient use of all usual MS office based software is essential
* Delivering project related work to the specified standards and timings wherever possible and undertake analyses of large amounts of data in a short period of time.
* Communicating efficiently and proactively with your team and Clients to fulfil the role.
Typically the projects are overseas and you will be required to travel for short periods of up to 10 days.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BEng in Civil / Structural Engineering or similar / related qualification
* A few years general (master-) planning expertise / experience; due diligence and/or concept/FEED design.
* Willingness to develop the role further to include project management in Maritime projects.
* Capable to read and process large amounts of information in a short space of time;
* Flexibility and willingness to travel overseas for short periods of time.
* MEng in Civil / Structural Engineering or similar / related qualification
* 1 or more years planning and design expertise & experience in ports and harbours, including rail and road operations; due diligence for the ports and harbours.
* Previous experience with overseas Clients.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.